Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Future Continous/Progressive Tense

Form 

The positive ( will + be + verb-ing) ;

At 10 am tomorrow,

- I will be sleeping.
- You will be working.
- She will be studying.
- It will be raining.
- We will be eating breakfast.

The negative (will + not + be + verb-ing) ;

When John gets home,

- I will not be working. (I won't be....)
- You will not be reading. (You won't be....)
- She will not be studying. (She won't be....)
- It will not be snowing. (It won't be....)
- We will not be watching TV. (We won't be....)

Yes/no Question

When arrive at the party,

- Will I be cooking?
- Will you be dancing?

Wh Question

- What will I be doing?
- Where will you be working?
- Why will we be studying?

USE

1. A continuous action in the future which is interrupted by a time or by another action.

- I'll be waiting when you arrive.
- At 8 o'clock, I'll be eating dinner.

2. A complete action in the future that will happen in the normal course of events.

- The government will be making a statement later.
- Will you be taking your car to the meeting? = (I'm asking indirectly and politely- perhaps I want to get a lift).

3. To make a guess about the present.

- My sister will be working now. = (I think she is working now, but I'm not completely certain).






No comments:

Post a Comment